Find similar resumes
Work ExperienceJune 2008 – current: Interim Manager
February 2014-June2014: Maternity leave
December 2008 – January 2014
• Merck Sharp & Dohme B.V. – Controller responsible for the Dutch entities: 15 entities of which 4 with operations related to the daily business of MSD. The Controller is responsible for the daily operation of the accounting department, consisting of a team of 6 employees. Responsibilities further include the coordination and preparation of all internal (US GAAP) and external (statutory) financial reporting, coordination of all tax returns and tax related issues, evaluation and (financial) approval of all legal contracts, coordination of audit related activities (including SOX) and any projects that occur.
• Merck Sharp & Dohme B.V. – Payroll manager responsible for all payroll related activities: coordination of the monthly payroll cycle, coordination of all processes with HR, give effect to the collective labour agreement, advise and resolve on tax issues, advise and resolve on pension related issues, coordinate financial payroll processes (payroll accounting, payments, reconciliations, restructuring reporting and accounting, accounting for expatriates, pension accounting).
oProcess optimization: restructuring several processes with regard to annual reporting, corporate income tax and payroll;
oOptimizing the configuration of the ADP payroll system;
oPayroll integration: integration of the payroll across several entities, including the selection of a new payroll provider and the implementation of Raet online payroll/HR. Aligning processes across entities, locations and across departments: HR, Finance and SSC’s;
oLegal entity integration: integration of legal entities following the merger between Merck and Schering Plough;
oSAP implementation: involved in the implementation of SAP HR and Accounting.
June 2008 – July 2008
• Align Technology – European Controller responsible for the quarter end close reporting to the US headoffice.
March 2007 – May 2008
Corporate Controller Sara Lee International
Responsible for all business control activities in the international Coffee & Tea Division, including management reporting and analysis, budgeting and forecasting of both short term and long term strategic planning, evaluating capital expense requests for equipment and business cases related to new products, mergers and acquisitions, various financial projects. In addition also responsible for the management accounting and all related processes (in particular SOX) of the divisional overhead company.
October 2006 – February 2007 Interim Manager
Chellomedia - Due diligence project.
August 2006 - September 2006
Group Controller FreeTime Telecom B.V.
Startup company. Initial responsibilities include the development and financial analysis of the business model, setting up the control environment as well as the control department. Subsequent responsibilities are comprised of developing an international controlling department and the consolidation of 4 to 12 countries.
January 2005 – July 2006
Director Financial Control Priority Telecom N.V.
Responsible for all controlling activities within the group Priority Telecom. The Director Financial Control manages a team of 5 employees (SSC Controlling Team) who are performing both the Corporate Control activities (consolidation, management reporting en external reporting) as well as the local Control activities (analysis, budgeting and forecasting, business and sales control). Continuous focus was placed on improving the reporting to the Board and the Management Team resulting into improved insight into the financial results of the company as well as improvement of the reporting processes. External reporting responsibilities are mainly comprised of reporting to the parent company (US GAAP) and communicating the financial results of the Company to stakeholders - financial press releases and the annual accounts (EU GAAP). In addition the Director Financial Control is responsible for the financial reporting processes (SOX), coordination of periodic audits and the statutory filings.
December 2003 – December 2004
Manager Internal & External Reporting Priority Telecom N.V.
Manages the Corporate Control team comprised of 3 employees and is responsible for the Corporate Control activities including consolidation, management reporting, external reporting, analysis of the periodic results, budgeting and forecasting, financial reporting processes (SOX), coordination of periodic audits and the statutory filings.
October 2000 – November 2003
Vitae Interim Professional
• Business Analyst at Priority Telecom N.V., Amsterdam
• Salescontroller at DSM Anti-Infectives, Delft
• Finance Manager at Van Gansewinkel, Amsterdam
• Controller at Vitae, Amsterdam
• Information Analyst at NIB Private Equity, Amsterdam
• Business Analyst at Priority Telecom Netherlands B.V. (UPC), Amsterdam
Perform temporary assignments and projects on financial, economical and/or administrative areas. Focus mainly on competences required to be an interim professional e.g. sociability, flexible, cooperation, able to cope with stress, sense of responsibility, dedication, accuracy and problem solving ability.
December 1998 – September 2000
Planning & Control Analyst Rabobank Monnickendam-Waterland, Monnickendam
Expanding and improving the financial reporting function into a planning and control analyst function. Projects completed during this period are the development of a quarterly financial analysis, periodic risk assessments, improvements of the budgeting process from a financial to a company-wide process and the implementation of SAP (accounting).
May 1996 – October 1998
Credit Manager Sheraton Algarve, Albufeira Portugal
Reducing and maintaining the outstanding accounts receivable position, improve billing processes and cash management.
December 1993 – December 1995
Controller Ondamar Hotel, Albufeira Portugal
Start-up company. Setting up the financial department with 3 employees. Developing the financial accounting and reporting structure, food & beverage controlling processes, liaise with the head-office, advise general management on pricing structures.
July 1992 – November 1993
Assistant Controller Hotel Cerro Alagoa, Albufeira Portugal
EducationMaster of Science in Controlling, Nyenrode (2013)
Post-HBO Controllers course, HES Amsterdam (2000)
Hotel Management School Leeuwarden, (1992)
VWO, CSG Damstede (1988)
SkillsAnalytical - Connect the dots, helicopter view, distinguish fact from interpretation, critical, accurate
Independent - Responsible, initiator, flexible, coping with stress, dedicated